Twitter

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artistic Versatility

I used to think my versatility was a bad thing. Traditionally, if you can't capture and maintain a recognizable style, series or body of work, collectors and galleries weren't interested. I guess as soon as I realized that I wasn't going to be following any traditional paths in my career, I let go of those old and inhibiting notions and adopted a mentality that my versatility was one of my strengths. So now that I'm creating my own path, I'm amazed that this is the truth - my versatility truly is an asset and has brought many wonderful opportunities into my life.

  • My curious, silly, alien and comic art adoration allows me to connect with the kids I teach
  • My passion for art materials and self-expression makes me an inspirational art teacher for all ages
  • My traditional landscape and urban cityscape artwork is noticed by the majority of seasoned artists
  • My sexy life drawings get me out into the night with alll the freaks and geeks
  • My love and respect of life drawing introduced a chance to be in the model's seat to inspire other artists
  • My mac, and computer savvy life gets me into all sorts of little graphic design gigs
  • And allll this versatility created Shared Palette, interactive art for Corporate events!

All this and I am still growing as an artist..as a person. I have so much yet to discover just about me....and then there's a whole world and universe out there!!! Some people think the world is a vast and scary place to be, especially if you are a freelance artist. I understand that, and yet I do find it constantly so exciting, so inspiring.....I am proud that I have the artistic versatility and courage to be living it and out there finding my own unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment