Twitter

Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

Sunshine Magazine covers Winter Fairy!

We can learn a lot from young artists starting out. I am privileged to know such talented kids who have such supportive and encouraging families.  I teach private art classes for some home schooled kids and more specifically a girl named Karoline once a week. I customize and work one-on-one with her, to discuss her artistic likes and dreams, and help her determine projects that will help her grow and reach her goals. One of our last projects of the year is her very best. Perfect for her portfolio! She created it and worked through the new parts, the hard I've never done this before parts, the I don't like this anymore parts and because of her courage and dedication, she is learning a lot quickly. The mistakes and the not every thing you do will work out but the more you do, the more will turn out reality-check is sticking, and so is the knowledge, persistence and encouragement. And encouragement and love is everything. And, I love love it when they succeed!
So this incredible piece was created by Karoline Kayser. I've been coaching her since May 2009, teaching her anatomy, portraiture, drawing, painting, colour and composition. She's only 12 years old now, and is talented, enthusiastic and dedicated. Her spirit and creativity is inspirational. I think she is remarkable, and I think this watercolour/pastel  painting 'Winter Fairy' is a masterpiece! Check out the emotion,  detail, colour, texture, story and character! I'm sooo proud to say that her mother submitted  the painting, and it was chosen to be the cover of Sunshine Magazine for the Winter edition www.sunshinemagazine.ca WOW!!! congrats Karoline! You ROCK darling girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment