Twitter

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 2009 Feature Artist

Check out Occhuzzie Paint Company's website www.occhuzziepaintcompany.com (direct link here) to see my feature artist spot this month!


I discovered Occhuzzie earlier this year, and ordered 3 jars of their oil paint - Charcoal, Graphite and Zinc white (which was a free promo!). They are a small company that has stayed in touch with me, and Lance and Brandi were amazing and helpful in getting my order to me across the border. I havnt been using oils much this year, but got into the Charcoal and Zinc White oil paint on a recent self-portrait. The paint was smooth and very nice to use. I especially liked the jar it was in - I could use a palette knife to access and put back any unused paint. (no waste, love that!). I've started using the Graphite oil + Zinc White as a base, and I'm in love with the colour, cool, steel-blue! Both the Charcoal and the Graphite oil paints have a beautiful matte and dark translucent quality about them, and are great for toning colours. Occhuzzie's main point about the dry media pigment already being fused with oil, creating a more stable ground for underpainting makes a world of sense.  And it really makes sense for me personally, as I'm a mixed media artist whose always used charcoal worked into oil paint! So to end, I think both the Charcoal and Graphite oil paints by Occhuzzie are innovative and practical for both the modern and traditional artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment